QUICK, RELIABLE SERVICE WITH A SMILE | LEWISVILLE, TX
When you call Lifetime Air, LLC to come out because your heating unit is on the fritz, we understand that time is of the essence. Being without heat isn’t just inconvenient, it can be dangerous as well. Because of such urgent situations we offer 24 hour emergency services.
If your furnace quits or your heat pump breaks, call Lifetime Air, LLC. Not only will we diagnose your issue, but we will explain it to you completely and in terms that you don’t have to be a pro to understand. If your unit can’t be repaired, we will suggest several options for replacement to make sure you find a solution that is cost-effective and works for your family and home.
SIMPLE CHECKS FOR HEATING ISSUES | LEWISVILLE, TX
Before calling for a repair, there are a few things that you can easily check to help diagnose—and maybe even alleviate—your furnace issue. Some of these may seem too basic to be the cause of the problem, but by checking on them prior to calling for service you may be able to save yourself time and money.
- Check that your thermostat is in good working order. If the battery needs to be replaced, if there is dust behind the cover or if there is a loose wire, your thermostat may malfunction. Also, make sure the setting is set to heat.
- Check your breakers and switches, not only in your circuit breaker box but on your furnace as well.
- Change your furnace filter. These should be changed monthly and your owner’s manual should have a step-by-step process on how to do this. If you can’t find your owner’s manual, you can often find videos online to walk you through this.
- Make sure your gas is on – seems pretty basic, right? There are plenty of occasions where techs have gone to work on a job only to find that the gas has been shut off and not turned back on. This is a simple call to make and can save time, money and embarrassment!
- Clean away leaves and other debris from intake vents, exhaust vents or heat pumps. Keeping these areas clean and clear helps make sure nothing is blocking your intake or your heat pump’s compressor and is an easy check to make.
If none of these suggestions have helped solve your heating issue, give Lifetime Air, LLC a call – we look forward to helping you!